Renting out your property during this holiday season.
Having an accountant to help manage your property books during this holiday season is necessary. Having an accountant allows you to spend more time with your family. and makes it more manageable at the end when sending info for tax results
When looking to rent out your property during this holiday season, there are numerous requirements that are needed to make the property safe.
Here is a list of some of the main requirements:
- Gas and Electoral equipment is safety checked and monitored
- Make sure the fire alarm is working
- Make sure the monoxide alarm is working
- Deep cleaned before the first customer
- Cleaned in between customers
How to make your property successful this holiday season.
The basic things to do to the success of the property are:
- Be flexible
- Try not to stay at your property during peak holiday times
- Have a visitors book this tells people how to use the appliances in the property
- Have the correct insurance cover.
- Employ professional cleaners
- Promote it
Here are some added extras that can help the success:
- Having wifi (free or extra charge)
- Being pet-friendly
- Accepting short breaks (weekend, three-four days)
- Luxurious features (hot tubs)
- Being eco-friendly (solar panels)
- Offering welcome packages (breakfast)
In certain parts of London Planning permission is needed. Therefore you will need to check with your local council on whether you will need planning permission to rent out your properties.
Here are some different websites that have information on how to let out your property:
How we can help
Here at Carrington Blake Accountancy, we pride ourselves on having an expert team of accountants who are genuinely passionate about what they do. This passion compels us to provide you with impeccable service, with a strong focus on presenting each client with stress-free and transparent account handling. Contact us today to learn more about needing an accountant during the holidays. Likewise, visit our property owners page to gather more information.