About the role:
This well-established business based in central London is going through a strong period of growth and looking for an apprentice to join their busy practice to develop and grow their skills.
You can have multiple degrees and qualifications, but if you do not have relevant accounting work experience, finding a job will be very difficult.
But we can help at Carrington Blake Accountancy!
We can train you in the areas of Bookkeeping, VAT, Payroll, Accounts Preparation and Tax Returns. Training is 100% practical and will be done on real business documents using software such as QuickBooks, Excel and Payroll.
As a successful candidate, your time will be split between working with our Accounting team at our Canary Wharf offices as well as studying for your professional exams.
Your typical day will vary between:
- Learning to use accounting software and systems
- Learning and assisting with the preparation of statutory and management accounts and year-end financial statements
- Bookkeeping, VAT returns
- Payroll processing, monthly and yearly RTI submissions
- Maintaining accounting files and other learning of the trainees records
- 1 – 1 training sessions in our Accountancy firm with Qualified Accountants
- 100% Practical training on real company documents
- 100% Flexible – You choose day and times
- Regular performance reviews to identify learning gaps
- Job market awareness sessions
- Professional CV and Interview preparation
- Reference to potential employers
- Complete PER for ACCA / AAT / CIMA
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Self-motivation, resilience, and drive to achieve results
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Strong time management and administrative skills
Here at Carrington Blake Accountancy we have over 30 years of experience in accounting, finance, operations, and practice management.